Sunday 4 December 2011

The Art Restoration Project Part 2








Been busy with tons of art recently. As well as pencilling three pages for Too Much Sex and Violence #3, I've ghosted a page for #2 (panels above), continued performing art "restorations"(i.e., either applying patches to save previous work or light boxing them in a cleaner line style) (with varying degrees, turns out I still prefer my decade-old versions of Saturn Girl and Ms Marvel than the clean line versions I did today), tried doing a male figure in clean line (dunno why Adam Warlock sprang to mind but he did) and am currently nearly halfway through a commission while pottering about an another art save.

Time to sit back and relax with some good reading before Misfits tonight, so pix above should hopefully speak for themselves but may be interestingly confusing...

4 comments:

dave said...

Have you remembered Kamara's hair? Took me til toning to realise he had hair

Nige Lowrey said...

Yeah, I've remembered the hair but haven't seen Tone's inked head so have tried my best to emulate hios style but did hair based on other depictions...

Rol said...

I actually thought that was part of Tone's page the first time I saw it, so good work on the ghosting. On more detailed inspection, I could see the Nige in it (especially the first panel) but at first glance you had me fooled.

dave said...

the beard gives it away as Nigel, Tony's would be full black rather than hatched in