Friday 22 March 2013

Fook You, Marvel and Other Random Ramblings


Guhr, after a week and a half of gallivanting, late nights, early mornings and a sweltering office, I finally gave up and nearly started crashing out at work today and left before midday. It's been a few hours and I've regained enough energy to jump online...

Last week, the first issue of the new Nova series arrived: i don't buy many monthlies at all but I tried #1 as I was intrigued by the new Nova (though Rich Rider will always be the only true Nova to me). Aside from another indulgence of Jeph Loeb's grieving process for his deceased son, I opened the comic to have the first three pages TOTALLY wasted. Page 1, a picture of a planet, pages two and three GIANT friggin' credits and still only 3 or 4 words! To make things worse, Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1 is almost shot for shot exactly the same! C'mon! we're PAYING for this, stop wasting customers' money, Marvel!

Anyway, last weekend I travelled away for a nice cup of tea or two but found myself waiting for an hour or two in a pub...knowing I'd be wiling the time away, here's the results of what I did in my new "facebook"...

I'd already pencilled a few faces so took the time to ink the black haired lady below (won't say who it is and hope she's recognisable): this was done as a tester for some Letraset markers I picked up recently so I coloured this when I get home and did a few final tweaks in Photoshop.




Think I'm finally happy with this Kristen Bell (inked a while back but only coloured recently) but of the Being Human cast, I think only Tom came off well. The last two pieces are both unfinished: a Hammer girl (Madeleine West?) and Jenna Louise Coleman, pencilled in the pub using the latest issue of SFX as reference...

Coming soon: Memory Lane Part 3...

No comments: