Saturday 14 August 2010

The Little Things...


When I began this blog, I wanted to use it as the place to waffle on about anything that I felt like, only I realised most of what I thought about would make for dull reading so usually just post about what I've been reading, watching, etc. For instance, I could rant about the problems I'm having with my washing machine and the service people, but it'd hardly make sparkling prose, would it?

However...

Had a bit of a poor birthday as I was quite ill but when we went bowling this week, I was presented with a balloon-festooned bag of gifts and a box of toffee apple cakes (thankfully there was no singing of Happy Birthday!). (Remnants pictured above, face of the baker chopped off to protect their identity :) ) I think this was my first ever real birthday surprise and it's amazing what just such a little thing can mean. I was having a bad, BAD week and this gesture completely turned my mood around...

...till the washing machine packed up and then, the m*&^%)+@~~??s....!!!

No comments: