Monday 21 March 2011

A Few Quickies




Just a quick post...I'm HOPING to get round to posting about my recent talk based on/inspired by my book at the weekend but in the mean time, thought I'd just post a few quick pics...

From the bottom:

A pub sketch of an animated-style Batman, not particularly based on any screen version. I've been looking at a few animation model sheets lately (particularly liking the Young Justice and Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths designs) and I think I'm going to attempt to design a decent stab at animated versions of the Avengers as DC seems to be able to piddle all over Marvel's cartoons from a very great height...

Next up, Cyclops in a Tron style, done for Chris Askham's new art blog. I kind of rushed the backgrounds so I've removed it from this piece, taken odd the glow but added the visor glow. It looks less Tron, but I prefer this...

Finally, a piece I'm working on for a charity project in aid of the Japanese Tsunami relief effort. I wanted to do something a bit hopeful so searched for pics of survivors and this pic cropped up alot and seemed powerful enough. I originally planned to add a Japanse rising sun but I don't know if that would detract from the image. I'm not my own biggest fan but I'm quite happy with this so far but feel I may cock it up by fiddling with it too much...

2 comments:

dave said...

I'd leave it mate, think it's lovely, if a little clean for someone in the middle of the floods. Maybe it just needs dirtying up a little

Rol said...

That Japanese charity thing is perfect. Leave it the fuck alone! ;-)