Tuesday 29 March 2011

OK, Justice Once




Really, I should be posting about my recent talk but I've been renaming and filing loads of classic Jose Luis Garcia Lopez DC style guide art from the late 70s/early 80s...for me, his art defined the look of what superheroes should be as i grew up, with his adorned on all kinds of merchandise and advertising. He can still draw most people off the table...

Then today i saw this new Kevin Maguire cover and thought "Oh-ho yes!!"...

And then I saw the Smallville Blue Beetle and Booster Gold and thought "Hmmmmm...."

3 comments:

dave said...

THAT is Booster Gold? My arse

Is this teh spin off from theJL:Generations Lost thing, and if so is it JLI?

Nige Lowrey said...

The cover is for Justice League: Generation Lost...I started getting it as I loved the original run and while it's nice to see some of the team back together (and the new Rocket Red is even more likeable than Dmitri), the plots are non existent and the overall story dragged out far too long. This could have been done in 6 issues instead of 20-odd...

dave said...

I know it is 26 issues, alternating with Brightest Day, but that's typical of Winnick, all gloss and no substance. I guessthe rotating art teams are a pain too.