Sunday 29 May 2011

More Quick Updates






Just back from holiday and managed to get caught up on alot of reading as well as some drawing, so in various stages of development, take a gander at what I've managed over the last week...

The Avengers is a composite of various pieces I inked but I still think that the central original Avengers could do with being a bit larger...

Kathy is a design for Rol's new comic, the next two pieces were drawn at A5: the first was lifted from a pic from a newspaper as I fancied doodling something after completing my larger pieces and the pirate was done in another clean line experiment (as I had just read another Euro comic using that style).

The bottom piece is Flash Gordon, with a tweaked face for Dale Arden...not perfect but I'm fairly happy with this one. It took ages to ink but I had the Williamson Flash Gordon collection out while pencilling this as I wanted to capture his sense of Mongo without directly swiping. Hopefully this feels like Mongo as seen drawn by him and Raymond...

As I plan to colour this using a few effects, I had to be careful with the inking, being mindful of how it will affect later colouring stages. Let's hope it comes together well...

4 comments:

dave said...

No Hulk in the Avenegers? No female Captain Marvel? No Hellcat? What you playing at with forgetting the good ones and just drawing all of the second stringers. Sacriledge

Nige Lowrey said...

I was going for the Avengers I felt to be iconic team members (less the Beast as I feel he has reverted more to the X-Men now)...Hulk and hellcat were only Avengers for five minutes and I preferred Mar-Vell too Monica Rambeau...nearly added Mockingbird though...

Unknown said...

I've said it before but that Flash Gordon is gorgeous.

And I still reckon that's Starfox, not Quicksilver ;)

dave said...

What happened to Iron Man, Hawkeye, Tigra, Wonderman, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Mokingbird - The ultimate team