Sunday 29 January 2012

Busy Saturday




After a pretty crappy and stressy week, spent the day drawing yesterday...I'm slowly rediscovering the joy of drawing just for drawing's sake but these pieces were all done for specific reasons. From the top:

The top three are character designs so these characters will appear fairly soon. The top two pics are obviously the same character, the first being an experiment to see how a different nightgown would look form the second. In my mind, the latter was always what was going to be used anyway and I think looks much better...the lady in red was interesting as I'm not used to drawing buxom, curvaceous women but think it came out ok...

Tinkerbell is this week's entry for the Weekly Themed Art Blog, had to rush it through yesterday or else it wouldn't get done...

I wasn't happy with the rush job backdrop for my recent Amethyst, she seemed to be just plonked in so I spent time doing a new backdrop. It's still not perfect but I think looks less half arsed than the original...

Final two are illustrations for a housing association project, two done, two to go. Quite happy with the bird actually...

No comments: