Sunday 28 September 2008

Sample Shutdown



Well, with a few days left to get some samples done, I decided sod it, forget it and relax a bit. While I would have liked to do a few more pages, I think I have enough decent pages to take now and I've not had any time off work for so long (I think I'm rundown at the moment as I've been burning out at work), I think it's time to sit back and relax a bit. I plan to get caught up on my reading pile (finishing the Frazetta book and Judge Anderson: Shamballah today) instead, but I may do a pinup type piece over the next few days as well as start knocking the Magneto article I'm working on into shape.


When I get my new pages copied later this week, I'll probably post them here but for now, here's the finished version of the panel layouts I posted earlier. I also wanted to do either a two-page smackdown fight sequence (as the new pages don't really have too much action) or another cleanline sequence featuring Supergirl. I got as far as the first panel, which is OK (coloured version also above), before getting stuck on the second panel. That's when I decided that rather than stress about what to draw (that's been my problem for ages, not the drawing so much as what to draw---although when the drawing went squiffy, so did my enthusiasm for that specific page!), kick back and unwind a bit. Not sure what to do for a pinup but it'll be nice to actually draw something for pleasure, drawing for drawing's sake for the first time in ages.


Right, I'm off to carry on reading now!

3 comments:

Rol said...

Love the Supergirl. What an uplifting pic!

Unknown said...

You referring to her miniskirt?

Nige Lowrey said...

Krptonians can't stomach chilli, it reacts in a certain way that means they have to remove themselves to a safe distance away from oxygen-breathing animals once it enters their digestive system. That ain't a draft up her skirt is all I'm sayin'...