Friday 22 June 2012

More LTIED





Here's the rest of this week's stuff produced while my days are being, um, interesting. Not proud of these, either in execution, inspiration or result but I had limited time and resources but hours to while away inking so from the top:

Jennifer Lawrence from X-Men: First Class and the Hunger Games (taken from a pic in Hello, it was all that was at hand!)

Another attempt at a modern take on Mucha, (the dress design and general figure is mine but I was inspired by another Hello photoshoot that had a dress that served as reference for the lower half)

Cheryl Tweedy/Cole, again taken from whatever was lying around: obviously added the Mucha flower ring and the likeness is next to none, but may colour this one day as it'd be a quick job :)

Sheldon from the Big Bang: replaced my first attempt at a sound effect piece for the TAB, this was taken from DVD art but still can't excuse the poor likeness...

Finally, two sketches that I ultimately rejected, erased and replaced with some of the above: the Hulk was originally going to be a SMASH sound effect (I'm obviously rusty at superheroes and didn't feel this was working) and another piece modelled on Cheryl Tweedy from the copy of Hello but with a new face/hairdo, rejected as it was an awkward design for an illo...

Think I will be scratching my head thinking of things to pencil this weekend in preparation for inking next week...

No comments: